Scotland invites online applications for Scotland Saltire Scholarships for international students to study there for free. Studying for free in Scotland is going to be the best academic experience in top Scottish Universities.
Studying in Scotland can be seen becoming an apparent decision by students and we understand the reason behind it. Scotland bears some of the finest colleges, with sustained quality of education. More so, the location and student life there provide a major contribution to why students are opting for Scotland. The government of Scotland offers the Saltire Scholarship, which is a program in partnership with leading colleges in the fields of medical, science, technology, art, and renewable energy.
The Saltire Scholarships offer a once-in-a-lifetime chance to learn in a country featuring prime facilities and a proud record of educational distinction. The selected academics are those who desire to be prominent leaders of tomorrow.
Approximately 50 grants of £8000 per student are available to cover educational expenses for any 1 year of full-time disciplines on a graduate Master’s degree from any of Scotland’s universities.
Residents of the listed areas are eligible for financial aid: Canada, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Pakistan, and the United States.
Scotland Saltire Scholarships Coverage Allowances
The beneficiary of a Scotland’s Saltire Scholarship will get the mentioned financial advantages:
Approximately 50 scholarships of £8000 per student will be provided to cover tuition costs for one year of full-time study on a Graduate program at any of Scotland’s institutions of higher learning.
Eligibility to Apply for Scotland Saltire Scholarships:
If you have the desire to apply for Scotland’s Saltire Scholarship, then here is where you need to stand on eligibility:
- The candidate must obtain a provisional or guaranteed acceptance of a seat in Scotland’s colleges, which would be taught either offline, online, or through a hybrid system.
- The candidate has to be a resident of Hong Kong, China, Canada, India, the United States, or Pakistan.
- The candidate must be (In case relevant) prepared to prove that they are able to afford to pay for the living expenses in Scotland and the remainder of college fees.
- The candidate must not be a prior student in Scotland.
- The candidate is mandated to be a fresh candidate for the Saltire Scholarship.
- The candidate must comply with the degree’s linguistic criteria.
Following is a list of all the authorized subjects that come under the qualification of the Saltire Scholarship:
The program has to be a graduate-level advanced curriculum from one of the below-learning disciplines:
- Artistry and Creatives
- Healthcare and Medical sciences
- Renewable and Green Energy
Following is what the scholarship looks for in regard to skills and experience when selecting an ideal candidate:
- A desire to enroll in Scotland and/or at a particular Scottish college.
- A desire to collaborate and educate in a transnational environment.
- A desire to hold a leadership role in their respective fields.
- A commitment to engage in the curriculum of initiatives that comes with the scholarships, as well as the requisite social and communicative qualities.
How to Apply for Scotland Saltire Scholarships?
In order to send an application for Scotland’s Saltire Scholarship, you must do the following:
- The Scotland Saltire Scholarship application form is online, hence, the candidate is mandated to fill that up as per the scholarship’s official website (Link available at the end of the article).
- The online application asks for three 250-word compositions in response to the following queries:
- The motivations for studying in Scotland, as well as the specific university and program via Motivation letter.
- Express the way Saltire Scholarships will benefit the applicant in the long term, as well as how the applicant can contribute to the promotion of Scotland as a destination for higher learning.
- Emphasize the individual’s experiences and abilities in communications (including textual and spoken) and how that is projected when working as a team.
Documents Requirement of Scotland Saltire Scholarships with Other Requirements
Please make a set of the following documents for your Scotland Saltire Scholarship Application Submission:
- All certifications of academics such as degrees and transcripts
- Arrange copies of reward certifications
- Write an academic study plan
- Produce a detailed research proposal
- Statement of purpose or an intent letter to study in Scotland will be helpful
- Make an academic scholarship CV
Some other requirements that you must look into as a candidate are as follows:
- The candidate must keep a high quality of behavior that reflects well on the Saltire Scholarship Program and the university where they are enrolled.
- Engage regularly in the program’s curricular activities. Students will attend a welcoming ceremony as well as a year-end seminar. (In extraordinary instances, students may be exempted from participating.)
- Provide agreement to the utilization of their contact details in need to start receiving news about the Saltire initiative both throughout their academics and after completion, in compliance with applicable information privacy regulations.
Depending on the candidate’s personal experiences, promote communication effort advocating Scotland and Scottish college learning. This could involve:
- Sharing their stay and experiences in Scotland on media platforms.
- To be accessible to give an interview (such as on video) at the homecoming or end-of-year ceremony, providing the Scottish Government and the applicable institution the permanent permission to utilize the content and material.
- Consenting to the Scottish Government using any images, articles, quotations, or other materials related to your Saltire Scholarship involvement for commercial reasons.
Dissolution of the Saltire Scholarships:
The Scottish Government is in power to remove Saltire Scholars from the program to preserve the security of the Saltire Scholarships and its networking opportunities, for instance, if they do not follow the platform’s fundamentals or if their active involvement would lead to humiliation or harm to Scotland’s prestige.
The competent educational colleges have the authority to bring light to the Scottish Government that a Saltire Scholar is removed from the program at any moment if they believe that the applicant’s ongoing involvement in the program is unsuitable due to misconduct or other difficulties.
Application Deadline of Scotland Saltire Scholarship:
The candidates can submit the online applications for the Scotland Saltire Scholarship till May 28, 2022.