Peace Fellowship Program Scholarships 2023 sponsored by Rotary international are now recruiting international students for the academic year of 2023-2024.
About Rotary International
Rotary is a worldwide association with 1.2 million neighbors, friends, entrepreneurs, and problem-solvers who envision a tomorrow where individuals come together and join initiatives to make a positive difference — throughout the planet, in the societies, as well as in oneself. Rotary’s individuals of engagement have utilized their enthusiasm, drive, and insight to act immediately on environmental missions for nearly 110 years. They are continuously trying to improve the planet, from knowledge and harmony to water and sanitation, and they are devoted until the finish.
Rotary representatives think that it is their collective duty to address the globe’s top pressing problems. Their 35,000+ clubs collaborate to create peace and unity, combat illnesses, supply clean water, sanitation, and healthcare, safeguard women and children, encourage learning, and improve local economies. These Global Grants by the Rotary Foundation provide aid for the following as well:
- Humanitarian projects
- Grants for professionals and graduates of academic studies
- Vocational training (These are gatherings of expert teams who fly overseas to either teach in a country’s local program or acquire additional knowledge for themselves, regarding their subject.
A worldwide funding initiative must have a budget of at least 30,000 USD and a World Fund Award of at least 400,000 USD. Sponsored donations and endowment profits are occasionally used to finance these programs.
Funding Allowances of Peace Rotary Fellowship:
The coverage for the Rotary scholarships starts at a minimum of $30,000. This budget helps in funding the following for the receiving individual:
- Passport and Visa requirements
- Any mandatory vaccinations
- Traveling costs
- Tuition fees
- Material for classroom
- Dormitory or other placement
- Household supplies
- Language course or training fees
However, the majority of personal costs and miscellaneous expenditures are not funded via the Rotary Scholarship.
Every accredited college beyond the candidate’s native country is situated in a country with a hosting Rotary club or district.
Peace Rotary Fellowship Application process:
The registration period for the Rotary Peace Fellowship in 2023-24 is already started. The application for the Rotary Peace Fellowship for 2023-24 will be accessible in February of 2022. Districts have to send in approved applications to The Rotary Foundation before July 1st of each year. It is vital that applicants examine the district’s endorsement requirements.
To guarantee that the candidate’s application is considered, observe the following procedures:
- Check if you are eligible to apply to the Rotary Peace program
- Go through the curriculum and disciplines offered at every Rotary Peace Center. The candidate will be given the option to list their top two preferred centers for the Master’s programs. More so, one preferred option for the center will be allowed for the certificate programs.
- With the option of the Club Finder, the candidates are encouraged to get themselves involved with Rotary. This locater will find the closest club for you.
- Engage with Rotary. Use the Club Finder to locate the Rotary club nearest you. Joining a club is an excellent opportunity to discover and understand more about Rotary’s operations in the candidate’s area and across the globe. Club recommendations are not required; however, they are actively urged as a component of your candidacy.
- The candidate must prepare to submit their application by the 15th of May. A cv, scholastic and/or professional references, essays, educational transcripts, a societal effect proposal (for acquiring certificate exclusively), and test results (for masters only) are all required for submission. Every document has to be in English. Translation would be mandatory in case they are not.
- The candidate must interact with a Rotarian district and be approved as a component of the candidacy procedure. Rotary members from all across the globe are divided into districts. If your application satisfies the entry requirements, it would be appointed to the district you selected utilizing the application’s divisional locator, or to an at-large district or program alumni for approval discussion if you reside in a district without a District Rotary Peace Fellowship Subcommittee Chair. After interviewing you, the district or alumni will make an approval vote on your candidacy.
- After this, the candidate will wait for the results. The results are sent via email and in the month of November. In the case you are selected for the scholarship, you will be notified of the Peace Center you are allotted to.
- The candidate will now send their applications for admission to the college where the allotted Peace Center is situated. It is important to highlight that if you have been selected for the grant it does not confirm your admission to the college as well. The acceptance for that is separate.
How to Submit a Winning Scholarship Application?
To create a good research proposal and worldwide funding proposal, collaborate with expert consultants immediately in the preparation stage. The district support system may be of assistance.
For your submission to be granted, it should specifically indicate how your research, fellowship, or vocational training team:
- Sustainability — involves initiatives that comprise long-term achievement once the global scholarship is expended.
- Involves achievable objectives
- Coincides with at least one of Rotary’s areas of target
- Reacts well to meaningful societal requirements – Each club or district interested in applying for a worldwide fellowship to assist a charitable mission or a career training group needs to initially undertake a primary survey and then develop the project derived from the findings.
- Positively and consistently engages Rotarians and the members of the community
- Fully satisfies the eligibility criteria of the scholarship’s terms and conditions.
Rotary Peace Fellowship Eligibility Restrictions
You can find out if you are eligible for this grant via the Rotary’s online eligibility quiz. Other than that, the following individuals will not be eligible for applying to the grant:
- If the candidate is currently a member of the Rotary
- Workers of the Rotary club or district, Rotary International, or if the candidate is employed under any other Rotary entity
- Partners, lineal offspring (children or grandchildren through the bloodline or lawful adoption), domestic partners of lineal descendants, or ancestors (parents or grandparents through bloodline) of anyone in the above classifications who is still alive today.
- Ex-Rotary individuals and their relations as previously stated (within 36 months of their resignation)
- Certificate, Master’s and Global Grant Scholarship recipients will have to wait 3 years between the completion of their program and the beginning date of their Rotary Peace Fellowship. Candidate’s prior school degree program, be it undergrad or graduate, should be completed at least 3 years prior to their desired commencement for a scholarship.
For further information on the eligibility criteria of the grant, candidates are encouraged to check out the scholarship section of the Rotary club or district as per where they want to apply.