Global Rhodes Scholarships 2022-2023 are open for online applications for all UK Universities. These prestigious UK Scholarships are awarded to talented and ambitious students to sponsor their higher studies in the UK.
Applicants are invited to apply to the Rhodes scholarships offered by the University of Oxford for the year 2022. These Rhodes scholarships are offered to students from a selected number of countries. The number of Rhodes awards given each year is a hundred. This Rhodes scholarship program was started to support international students to study for a master’s or a Ph.D. degree at Oxford University. It is considered one of the oldest and most generous scholarships offered in the UK.
Recipients of the Global Rhodes Scholarships will get a chance to study for free for the entire duration of their study programs. Each country has a fixed quota for the number of Rhodes scholarships given to its applicants. The country whose applicants will receive the highest number of scholarships is the United States of America.
Rhodes Scholarship Perks and Value:
The Global Rhodes scholarship at the University of Oxford offers the following coverage to all of its recipients:
- Reimbursement of application fee
- Coverage of college and university tuition fee
- A yearly stipend of 16,218 GBP
- Settling in allowance (one-time) of 225 GBP
- A two-way air ticket
- Reimbursement of visa fee
- International Health Surcharge (IHS)
- Research grants for supporting research-related travel and fieldwork
Eligibility Criteria for the Rhodes Scholarship:
The aspiring candidates first need to secure admission in one of the postgraduate programs offered at the University of Oxford. They can apply for the Rhodes Oxford scholarship if they fulfill the following eligibility criteria.
- Applicants must be from a partner country of the Rhodes Scholarship Fund. Some of these countries are Zimbabwe, Pakistan, India, Canada, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, etc.
- They should have studied for at least four years in their home country. These four years will be counted from the last 10 years.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 19 to 25 when they are applying for the scholarship.
- They should have cleared their undergraduate program with distinction and should be admitted to a program that is included for coverage under Rhodes Scholarship.
Application Process of the Rhodes Scholarship:
Applicants have to make a profile on the official website of the Rhodes Scholarship Program. There, they have to fill in the scholarship form and upload all the documents listed in that form. These documents include the academic degrees, transcripts, statement of purpose, etc. after uploading all the required documents, they can submit the application.
List of Documents for the Rhodes scholarship:
- A letter of motivation of 1000 words identifying why the student wants this scholarship and why applicant should be granted one.
- Academic transcripts of all the degrees earned (these transcripts should be translated into English if they are in any other language along with the original copies)
- Scanned copy of applicant’s passport
- A CV of two pages at most
- A recent photograph of the applicant
- Test scores of IELTS, TOEFL, etc. for applicants whose first language is not English and haven’t been taught primarily in English during their last degree programs.
- Study plan for MS degree applicants
- A Research Proposal for proposing research project study
- Letters of Recommendation (from teachers and/or employers)
Application Deadline for the Rhodes Scholarship:
The applications for the year 2022 have been opened since June 01, 2021. The last date to apply for the Global Rhodes scholarship is the 6th of October 2021.