The fully-funded Gate Cambridge scholarships 2022 are now open for online applications from all international students. Every year 80+ Gates Cambridge scholarships are provided to international students, of which 55 for international students and 25 for US citizens.
Let’s get ready for attaining scholarships, prepare your application documents and apply for Gates Cambridge Scholarships ASAP.
Funding Allowance of Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
Gates Cambridge Scholarships provides the following benefits to the winning scholars;
- Maintenance allowance of approximately £17,500/year for Graduate and Ph.D. allowances are applicable for 4 years.
- University fee concerning your Graduate Program
- Inbound visa costs and also provide grants of the immigration health surcharge
- Economy class return tickets are also part of scholarships that are provided at the beginning and the end of the course.
Some other additional funds are also provided to eligible students.
- Fieldwork allowance for Ph.D.
- Academic development funding (£500 to £2,000)
- Maternity/Paternity funding: If you need this type of leave, you can avail of six months leave from the study while maintenance allowance will continue in this period.
- Family allowance from £10,120 to £4,320 for 1st and second child
- Hardship funding: This fund is also provided in these scholarships if you find any unforeseen difficulties.
Eligibility Criteria for Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
Any international student can apply and local students are not eligible for the Gates Cambridge Scholarships.
Academic excellence: You can grab a Gates scholarship if you are excellent in your academics. You have to provide proof of your excellence through transcripts, experience letters, and reference letters.
Reasons for choice of course: You have to show that you are the best choice in the applied discipline.
The application commits that they improve others’ life: You have to provide evidence that shows your role in the developments of societies and how you deal with societies members.
A leadership capacity: You have to provide your leadership experience in the past and how you take it in the future.
Applicants can apply to the following programs;
- One year postgraduate course
Departments in which applicants can apply are
- Engineering (All Fields)
- Institutions independent of any School
- Islamic Studies
- School of Arts and Humanities
- School of Biological Sciences
- School of Clinical Medicine
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Technology
- Social Science
The applicant in the following disciplines can not apply for Gates Scholarships.
- Any Undergraduate degree
- BA (undergraduate)
- BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- Non-degree courses
- Part-time degrees
- Six years part-time MD Doctor of Medicine degree
How to apply for Gates Scholarship?
Gates Cambridge Scholarships is divided into two main sections.
- The admission Section
- The funding Section
The Admission Section:
In this part, you have to apply for admission in the desired course and college in which you want to study. Follow the following step to complete the application for admission to Cambridge University.
- When you are applying for admission to Cambridge University, also apply for Gates Cambridge scholarships.
- Make your account on the Gates Cambridge Scholarships websites
- Write your personal information in the application
- Enter your Academic Background
- Mention which course is suitable for you.
The Funding Section:
After completing the admission section, the next part is to fill the funding section. The Funding Section is distributed into three parts.
- Gates Scholarships Statement
- Research Proposal For Ph.D. applicants
- Gates Cambridge Reference
Gates Scholarships Personal Statement Writing:
- Write approximately 500 words of personal statement (Not more than 3000 characters) of Gates Cambridge statements and mention the reason for applying and how you are best for scholarships.
- This statement shows the admission committee why you are suitable for Gates Scholarships. So, mention all your details, achievements, and how you fulfill the four criteria for Gates Scholarships.
Research Proposal For Ph.D. applicants
- If you are a Ph.D. student, attach a Research proposal you submit proposals in the admission section then you do not need to write again in funding sections. Research Proposal is required only for Ph.D. students. Students who are applying for any other degree do not require a research Proposal.
Write the reference about how you are best for scholarships and mention two academic references for admission. When you are going to any referee to write a reference for you, keep in mind that they have all information about Gate Cambridge Scholarships and can answer all the questions that are asked in the application.
In the funding application for scholarships following questions are asked.
- The first question is asked about the rank of applicants for Gates Scholarships.
- Secondly, referees have to categorize the applicants into group according to the ranking.
- Lastly, tell me how many applicants are there in that group.
In the reference section, the referee also assesses the applicant’s utility in the following criteria.
- Intellectual ability,
- Justification for the choice of course,
- The applicant commits that they improve others’ life and
- Leadership capacity
Application Deadline of Gate Cambridge Scholarship:
The Opening Date of applications for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship is September 2021 and the last date to apply for it is January 2022.
According to the nature of the subject, it accepts scholarships till early December 2021 or January 2022. For USA residents, the scholarship’s closing date is 17 October 2021.