New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT) is now offering a large number of New Zealand Government fully-funded scholarships 2022-2023 for admissions into BS, MS, and doctoral degree programs.
These New Zealand scholarships by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT) are being offered to international students from selected developing countries. Applicants from these countries can apply to undertake a tertiary level of education in one of the higher educational institutions of New Zealand.
Recipients of New Zealand Government Scholarships can study subjects like technology, medicine, economics, and social sciences, arts, law, etc. This New Zealand Government Scholarship Award can change the recipients’ life as it is a fully-funded award that takes care of every educational and living expense of its recipients for as long as they have the scholarship. Moreover, all of the universities in New Zealand are among the 3% of QS World University Rankings.
New Zealand Government Scholarships Allowances and Perks:
The fully-funded scholarship by the New Zealand government has the following allowances and benefits:
- Scholars will get a Tuition fee waiver at New Zeland University
- Registration fee waiver or discount will be granted
- Coverage for medical insurance
- Coverage for laboratory and research expenses
- Accommodation in the university’s dormitory
- Weekly living allowance of 491 NZD per week
- Relocation allowance of 3000 NZD per week
- Travel cost coverage for visiting the home country. These are two-way tickets given once or twice depending upon the length of the recipient’s study program
The New Zealand Government scholarships 2022 are available for bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. level students.
Eligibility Criteria for New Zealand Government Scholarships:
New Zealand Scholarships will be given to students who fulfill the following eligibility criteria.
- Applicants must be citizens of one of the affiliated countries.
- Applicants must have work experience (if it is the requirement of the program they are applying to)
- Applicants must have been living in their home countries for a certain period of time (varies from country to country)
- Applicants must be taking up a program that aligns with the development needs of their home countries.
- Candidates must fulfill degree program eligibility requirements and abide by the terms of the selected University.
Process of Application for New Zealand Government Scholarships:
The application form of these New Zealand Government scholarships varies with every country. Every applicant, no matter which country’s applicant is from, has to fill the application form with absolutely correct information, upload the required list of documents and submit it.
Length of the Scholarship:
- Bachelor’s (available for 3 to 4 years)
- Postgraduate Certificate (maximum 6 months)
- Postgraduate diploma (maximum 1 year)
- Master’s (1 to 2 years)
- Ph.D. (maximum 3.5 years)
List of Selected Countries for New Zealand Scholarships:
Countries from the Pacific Region: Micronesia, Kiribati, Nauru, Palau, Tonga, Vanuatu, Fiji, Marshall Islands, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu.
Countries from the Commonwealth: Malaysia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, Botswana, Ghana, Malawi, Kenya, Tanzania, Namibia, Uganda, South Africa, Sierra Leone, Rwanda, Nigeria, Fiji, Cook Islands, etc.
Countries from Asian Region: Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, Nepal, Myanmar, Mongolia, Malaysia, Jordan, Indonesia, Cambodia, etc.
Countries from the African Region: Zimbabwe, Zambia, Uganda, Tunisia, Tanzania, South Africa, Senegal, Rwanda, Nigeria, Namibia, Morocco, Mauritius, Malawi, Kenya, etc.
Countries from the Caribbean: Tobago, Trinidad, Suriname, St Vincent, and the Grenadines, St. Lucia, Haiti, Jamaica, Guyana, Grenada, Dominican Republic, Barbados, Bahamas, Barbuda, etc.
Affiliated New Zealand Universities:
- Victoria University of Wellington
- Lincoln University
- Auckland University of Technology
- Massey University
- University of Waikato
- University of Otago
- University of Canterbury
- University of Canterbury
Deadline of New Zealand Scholarship Application Submission:
Since the New Zealand scholarships 2022 are made available to citizens from a number of countries, the deadline of application varies from country to country. Please check out the below link for country-specific details on the New Zealand Scholarship application deadline.