The fully-funded Humboldt Research Fellowships 2022-2023 are now accepting online applications with complete documents sets. If you wish to study further for free in Germany then this is the opportunity for you.
So are you interested in carrying out your research program in one of the finest institutions of Germany under a scholarship program?
If yes, then here is a chance for you. Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is offering the Humboldt Research Fellowship Scholarship for the class of 2022-2023 to gather all the outstanding and leading scientists and research scholars under one roof. It is one of the best German Scholarships. It is a golden opportunity to conduct your research project under the supervision of some experienced and professional researchers in collaboration with any academic institution of your choice in Germany.
The applications for Humboldt Research Fellowship are currently open for sessions 2022-2023. All the international students who want to complete their postdoctoral research in Germany must start applying for it now. Preparing your documents and academic certificates and taking one step towards your bright future.
In this article, we will discuss all the necessary details about the Humboldt Research Fellowship Scholarship. So, this article is worth reading.
Humboldt Research Fellowship Coverage:
Following are the benefits given to the Humboldt scholarship awarded candidates;
- Fellowship monthly allowance of 2,670 EUR for the researchers enrolled in postdoctoral degrees.
- A free German language course (two to four months).
- Travel expenses for the students and their partners (if married).
- During the scholarship program, students will also enjoy individual mentoring.
- Comprehensive alumni scholarship after the stay in Germany ends.
- A study tour in Germany to meet and greet fellow researchers and spokespersons of German companies.
- This scholarship also gives a family allowance for up to three months.
Eligibility Criteria for Humboldt Research Fellowship:
The applicant must either belong to any of the following countries in order to stand eligible for filing the application;
- Russian Federation
- The applicant must have a doctorate or equivalent degree. However, the candidate must have obtained this degree in less than four years before applying for the Humboldt scholarship.
- Students near the doctorate program completion (only 6 months left) can apply for it by showing their manuscript thesis.
- The candidate must have command of either English or German language.
- The academic publications of the candidate in the Journal form are also mandatory to submit. Later, authorities will review them as per the international standards.
- A candidate must be able to show the expert’s report and mentoring agreement by the academic host.
- The candidate must submit a confirmation to ensure that research facilities are available at the research university.
- Students already sponsored by the Humboldt Foundation are ineligible to apply.
- Meanwhile, students living in Germany (for more than six months) just before the deadline cannot apply for this.
- The candidates who have experience of years in independent research are eligible for this program.
Steps to Apply for Humboldt Fellowship?
All the applications for this German Humboldt scholarship will get submitted online via the official portal website. Once the application is submitted, students will receive a confirmation receipt.
At the same time, students are obliged to select two hosts in Germany to review the research, and these hosts will send a personal statement to the Alexander von Humboldt foundation.
All such processes must take place before the deadline.
Candidate Selection Criteria:
The following things have a great impact on a candidate’s selection;
- Academic qualifications.
- Submitted application.
- Recommendation Documents.
- Study plan.
- Candidate’s Leading Potential
- Performance in the interview.
- Previous career record.
- Existing knowledge regarding the currently selected topic and potential to complete the project on time.
Every year in March, July, and November, the selection committee holds a meeting. In which two of the members independently review the submitted applications. However, a team of 50 experienced researchers takes the final decision regarding the selection of candidates.
Note: Most of the common reasons for application rejections are;
- Poor academic qualifications.
- No originality & deficiency of publications.
- Weak personal profile.
- Application submission after the deadline.
List of Documents required for Humboldt fellowship Application:
- Reviews from two experts.
- Candidate’s Publications list (complete).
- Certificate of German language & Doctoral certificate.
- CV (max 2 pages).
- Cover letter of CV.
- Study Plan.
- Research proposal outline (5 pages max).
- Selected key publications.
- Acceptance from the host professor.
- Required Research facilities confirmation letter.
Humboldt Fellowships Application Deadline:
To increase the chances of winning the Humboldt Fellowship research scholarship, prepare applications earlier and submit them before the deadline. By doing so, there will be fewer chances of errors.
Nevertheless, the Humboldt Research Fellowship application’s deadline is 15th October 2022 whereas the opening of the application window will be on 5th March 2022.