Australian Ministry of Education (MOE) has invited online applications from international students for their fully funded Australia Awards Scholarships 2023-2024 academic session; in all of their Australian Universities.
The Australia awards scholarships are offered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Australia. These Australian awards are aimed toward helping individuals of partner countries in their development needs. Through these awards, students can study an under or postgraduate program in one of the affiliated universities of Australia. The Australian scholarship is offered for the whole duration of the recipient’s degree program. All the recipients are supposed to return to their home countries upon successful completion of their degrees in Australia.
Perks and Benefits of Australia Awards Scholarships:
The winners of Australia Awards Scholarships will be entitled to receive the following set of perks as scholarship rewards during the entire course of their studies:
- Tuition fee waiver in all Australian Universities
- One-time airfare for coming to Australia and returning back to the home country.
- Resettlement allowance – this is a one-time allowance given for accommodation, buying textbooks, and other study materials.
- Allowance for living expenses – this is given every 15 days. The rate of it is predetermined by the department and cannot be changed.
- Enrollment in Introductory Academic Program (IAP). This program is mandatory to attend as it offers information about living as a student in Australia.
- Medical insurance with the name Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). This would cover the medical costs of overseas students who have received the award.
- Coverage for Pre-course English (PCE) fees.
- Complementary support for ensuring that a recipient can succeed without any hurdles.
- Fieldwork support. This would include an economy class ticket for traveling to the recipient’s home country or somewhere within Australia. Fieldwork support is only available to students who are enrolled in a research-based program or have fieldwork to undertake under their Master’s by Coursework program.
Eligibility Criteria for Australia Awards Scholarship:
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants should:
- Be no less than 18 years in age at the time of receiving the award.
- Be citizens of one of the participating countries and should be applying to the scholarship while residing in their home countries.
- Not be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia. They shouldn’t even be applying for permanent residency in Australia.
- Not be married to the citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Not be active military workers.
- Not have received a long-term scholarship by the Australian government previously of a similar nature.
- Have fulfilled the eligibility criteria set by the university or program of their choice. Any criteria set by the applicants’ home country should also be fulfilled by the applicant.
- Be able to satisfy the requirements set by the department of home affairs. These requirements are set for the student to be able to hold a valid Student Visa. Failure to adhere to such requirements can lead to the student being disqualified from being selected to the program of his/her choice.
- Not be applying for a program, the level of which they already have accomplished (for example, applying for a master’s program while holding a Ph.D.).
- Inform the Program committees of any relationship with member/s of the committee. This is to ensure that transparent selection can take place.
Submit Applications for Australia Awards Scholarships:
- Check the opening date and the deadline of the Australian scholarship for your country. Select your country from the list of participating countries. From there, you would know how to apply, specific eligibility criteria, etc. The online link for the Australia Awards Scholarship is also available at the end of this article for your review.
- Some countries ask their applicants to apply online, while others require submitting a hard copy of the application. Check to see what your country of residence specifies.
- Apply online by going to the official website of the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS). There, you can set up your account by answering some questions.
- Fill the application form and submit the required documents.
- The application form allows you to make alterations to the information that has been put in there. Once you submit the application, you cannot make any changes to it.
Deadline of Applying for Australia Awards Scholarship:
The deadline for applying to the Australia Awards Scholarships is April 30, 2022. Make sure to complete your documents beforehand in order to stay ready to apply for this Australian Scholarship 2023-2024.