The Eiffel Excellence Scholarships 2022-2023 are offered by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs. The aim of these French scholarships is to enable French universities and colleges to bring more and more international talent inside the French borders. These French scholarships are offered at the bachelor’s and master’s levels.
The Eiffel scholarship is a great opportunity for international students who want to serve society by working in the public and private sectors. Individuals at the master’s level must be of 30 years or less while students at the Ph.D. level must be of 25 years or less. The number of subject areas that can be chosen is selected and applicants must be from developing and industrialized nations.
The Eiffel scholarship can be taken in French universities, colleges, or academic institutions.
Courses of Study Allowed under Eiffel Scholarship:
Master’s and Ph.D. degree programs are offered under this Eiffel scholarship program. The Ph.D. program must contain a joint doctoral thesis in collaboration with some other higher educational institution outside of France. The subject areas offered are:
- Life sciences
- Earth sciences
- Space sciences
- Environmental sciences
- Information technology
- Political science
Eiffel Scholarships Allowance and Perks:
At the master’s level, recipients will be given a sum of 1,181 EUR every month. The breakdown of this amount is as follows:
- 1,031 EUR as part of the maintenance allowance
- 150 as a monthly stipend
The length of this award would be 12 months to 36 months.
Ph.D. students will get a stipend of 1,700 EUR per month for a period of a year. In addition to the monthly allowance, the Eiffel scholarship also offers coverage for various other expenses of its recipients like a return ticket to their home countries, local transport, and travel, medical insurance, and participating in cultural events and activities. Some scholars, with their extenuating circumstances, can also manage to get funding for accommodation and housing and France.
The Eiffel scholarships don’t offer a tuition fee waiver. The French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs makes sure that institutions that are partnered with this program offer the maximum tuition assistance to the scholarship holders. This is because French educational institutions get exposure by bringing in scholars from foreign countries in those scholarship holders’ home countries. Students who are admitted to the public higher educational institutions of France will be exempted from paying the enrollment fee.
Eligibility Criteria of Eiffel Scholarships:
The suitable candidates for Eiffel scholarships are those who fulfill the following basic requirements:
- Candidates must be nationals of a country other than France. Those candidates who hold dual nationalities and one of them is of France will be disqualified from applying.
- Applicants who are applying for the master’s program must be equal to or less than 30 years in age. Applicants applying for doctoral programs must be less than or equal to 35 years in age.
- Applications must be submitted via the French educational establishments. Any application submitted directly will not be taken into account. These establishments are meant to enroll students for the courses which they have undertaken. Applicants are strongly advised to use only one establishment; otherwise, they will be excluded from the candidates’ list.
- Applicants have to get enrolled in an institution offering masters or Ph.D. studies in the aforementioned subject areas. The scholarship doesn’t apply to the overseas branches of French educational institutions. It doesn’t apply to apprenticeship training or professional training either.
- Individuals who are in receipt of any other scholarship by the French government are not eligible to apply. Even if that Eiffel scholarship doesn’t allow for the coverage of social security.
- Applicants who once have applied to the scholarship but were rejected are automatically ineligible for reapplication. These students will remain ineligible even if they use some other establishment or apply for studying a different subject area. Students who have once gotten the Eiffel scholarship at the master’s level will also be ineligible for reapplication for another scholarship at the master’s level.
- Applicants who got the Eiffel scholarship at the master’s level can re-apply for a doctoral scholarship. But those applicants who have got the scholarship for once during their Ph.D. course will not get the scholarship again during that same course.
- Applicants should be meeting the French or English language requirements of the course to which they are applying.
The students are selected by four panels from different departments. No panel is allowed to evaluate applications from its own university or institution. Candidates are given the scholarship based on their academic background and performance. 30% of the awards are reserved for students who have not received any other scholarship for their studies in France.
Deadline of Eiffel Scholarship Application Submission:
For the 2021 session, the call for applications for Eiffel Scholarships will be started on 1st September 2021. The deadline for application submission of the Eiffel Scholarship will be 8th January 2022.