High-performing students from across the world can apply to the Deutschland Stipendium Program 2022-2023 offered at the leading state-owned universities of Germany. The Deutschland scholarships are available at the bachelor’s and master’s levels. This Deutschland Stipendium is sponsored by both public and private institutions in Germany and is considered to be the largest scholarship program in Germany.
Many higher educational institutions of Germany support this scholarship program through mentoring activities, networking events, and paid/unpaid internships.
Allowances and Perks of Deutschland Stipendium:
- All scholarship holders will be granted an amount of 300 EUR per month. 150 EUR from that amount will be sponsored by the federal government of Germany. The remainder will be contributed by private organizations, foundations, NGOs, corporates, and individuals.
- Usually, the scholarship is given for two semesters but students can appeal to increase the period of the scholarship to the full length of their study programs.
- During the two semesters, the university will review if the students deserve to get the scholarship extended and if he/she still fits the eligibility criteria.
- This basically is a scholarship program that provides a stipend to students to help them cover their living expenses. The scholarship is awarded regardless of a person’s personal or family income.
Deutschland Stipendium applicants are selected based on their academic merit, leadership potential, commitment to society, extra-curricular engagement, and personal achievements, like a student who has worked through his/her financial and/or social obstacles in order to get higher education.
Eligibility Criteria of Deutschland Stipendium:
- Students must be studying at one of the German public universities (i.e. these universities must be state-owned). They can be both German or international students.
- They must be enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s program in that university.
- They can be part-time or full-time students. Students waiting to get an offer from their respective universities can also apply.
- They should be proficient in either English or the German language.
- They should be outstanding students who have any other extra-curricular or personal achievements other than their academic scores to speak of as well.
- This Deutschland scholarship is not for doctoral or Ph.D. candidates.
Application Process for Deutschland Stipendium:
- Applicants are advised to contact the German universities in which they are applying or studying to find out about the application procedure, documents to be submitted, and the deadline of application.
- Students in their first semesters or higher can apply to the scholarship via their universities.
- Some of the documents that need to be submitted for the scholarship are;
- An up-to-date resume
- Certificate from the undergraduate degree (for master’s level applicants)
- Current transcript (for students who have started their studies in a German institution)
Documents must be submitted in either English or German. If a student’s documents are in any other language, he/she has to submit the original copy as well as the translated copy of their documents.
More about the Scholarship:
About 312 German universities are taking part in this scholarship program with 28,159 students getting the scholarship in 2019. The scholarship aims toward supporting young talent that plays a huge role in the country’s development. There are about 7,500 sponsors who partnered up with the government of Germany last year to raise about 29 million EUR last year.